Sunday 3 April 2016

Half way through Moonwalk training


This time in six weeks I will have completed the Moonwalk 2016; I may not be able to move but hopefully I will have completed it!

We have been given a training plan which I am following near enough to the letter! I am still going to Kettlercise twice a week and can definitely notice my fitness levels increasing! Last Saturday was a 10 mile walk, at  steady pace, and we accomplished that in 2 hours 15 minutes. I was very happy with that. I am hoping to complete the 26.2 miles in under 6 and a half hours, that is an average of 15 minute/mile. I am aware that due to the amount of people taking part that the first 2 hours may be fairly slow by the standard that I am currently training at.

On Thursday we did our first interval training session; this was a 6 mile walk and we walked as fast as we could for 1 minute then slowed it down for another 2 minutes before repeating the interval. As you can see what we achieved was amazing! Pace at 13.15 minutes/mile!!

Yesterday we did a 12 miler which was distance and speed; I have to say that the interval training on Thursday really helped. I have to admit that I found the last 2 miles tough but I would assume that is because I had done a 'Last chance training session' on Friday night and by the time we hit 10 miles every muscle in my body was aching; particularly my shoulders and neck. That might have something to do with a 12kg kettlebell and lifting it over my head #nopainnogain !!!

12 miles is nearly half way; 2 hours 45 minutes to achieve that is also really positive. IF we maintained that sort of speed across the 26.2 miles then we should complete the Moonwalk in 5 hours 45 minutes giving us a 45 minute leeway on my target time!!! Anything faster would just be running!!

If you would like to sponsor me you can still do so, any amount would be greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment