Sunday 16 August 2015

Life lessons


I have taken quite a long time to think about what I was going to write as my 'first' moment and if you are reading this I want you to take time to look at the words in the picture and think about them; hopefully in relation to yourself and possibly in relation to me!

As this is the worldwide web I am not going to splash my personal life over it. . . completely!

As I have said I am a 46 year old woman; I am not who I was at 36, or 26 or even 16. I am most definitely older and I have learnt some valuable lessons along the way.

The whole idea for this post is to say that just because you knew me 10 years ago, some of you did (!), do not assume that I am still that person now. Those of you who have known me continually for the last 10 years can attest to that and probably the main reason is that the person that you first met is not the person that you have actually come to know. . .

I am not saying that I have got everything right but I am a person who self-reflects and if I have done something wrong then I will do my best to make it right; that is if I know that I have done it!

We all face challenges in our lives; I have been through some 'things'. We all experience different things in life and my 'things' may not be your 'things' but how we use them makes us who we are. We can learn from life's experiences, take them on board and grow or we can stay where we are living in the past and let this continue to affect our lives. 

I have recently posted on Facebook about being careful about judging situations that you see because unless you KNOW the people involved then you don't really have any idea what is going on in their lives. I would say the same about this and indeed this is about me. . . get to know the person in front of you and what makes them who they are before you make a decision about them. Once you have knowledge of who they are you can then decide whether you like them or not! 

I have come to an understanding that I really like who I am but I am also aware that I am not everyone's 'cup of tea'. That is fine. . . as a 16 year old I think that I worried about what people thought of me and wanted people to like me. Over the years I have probably continued to worry about this in one shape or form. I know that at times this has impacted on my weight, either gaining or losing weight. 

Now, I no longer worry about what people think of me! Don't let a first impression, or something that you know from someone else, impact on getting to know someone. . . THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET! I have had numerous people over the last couple of months say 'you're not the person that I thought you were' or 'I can't believe that you are the same person'; those people have seen me in different situations and seen another 'side' of me.

I make no apologies for who I am. . . 

So. . . with that here endeth my first moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment