Tuesday 15 September 2015

The final countdown

I am on the final countdown. . . 

I have known that this week was coming for over a year and been preparing myself for at the least the last three months and on countdown since my youngest son received his A level results on Thursday 13 August! But it is bitter sweet. . .

On Saturday I will take both of my sons to Sheffield; one to continue his degree and the other to start his own adventure. I think that it will be great for both of them to have each other in the same city but they will be leaving me 'home alone'.

For people who know me I am a woman of structure and order. If you were to walk into my house, at the moment, you would not believe that; let's just say that you would have to be a very 'close' friend to be invited in! 

I often find myself lying soaking in the bath and considering where I will start with the MASSIVE clean up operation. I have contemplated their bedrooms but I really don't think that I can face them, just yet!

I keep coming back to the same room . . . where I have always gone to escape and have that little bit of 'me time' . . . the bathroom! So on Sunday I plan to start in the room where I find peace and solitude, reclaiming it as MY space . . . with music blaring out that no one can complain about! 

One room at a time, only six rooms upstairs and five downstairs. I'm going to clean and have the house spic and span before I start making it a mess by decorating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment