Thursday 10 December 2015

Lost Mojo?

Lost mojo? Where do you find it? That is an age old question and probably there is no definitive answer!

The Urban dictionary says the following;
mojo
N.
1. Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp. I context of contest or display of skill such as sexual advances or going into battle.
2. Good luck fetish / charm to bolster confidence.
3. ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude.

In this context I'm thinking that mojo, for me, means the ability to bounce back from a negative attitude.

So what do you need to do to get your mojo back?  I need motivation. But what is  motivation? It comes in different shapes and sizes for everyone. How about getting some reward from what you are doing? Some would say that the reward you get is losing weight, feeling healthier. That is true but sometimes we need more to motivate us.

I work in a school and I recently heard, on a training course, that you should ask kids what rewards they should get for accomplishments made. We are still like this as adults, aren't we?

I have recently changed my life insurance and critical illness policy. Being an ex WeightWatchers leader I was aware of Vitality but not the full extent of what it offered. Now, I'm not suggesting that you go out and change your life insurance policies but having done some research this plan offers so much to me! It's got little motivators to help me get my mojo back. Rewards for doing things that I should be doing anyway!

I have synced my Fitbit to my Vitality account. If I walk 7,000 steps a day I get 3 Vitality points, 10,000 steps give me 5 and over 12,000 steps 10. The most I can earn in a week from activity is 40 Vitality points. I can join WeightWatchers for a reduced fee. I have to go to a minimum of two meetings a month but everytime I do I get 15 Vitality points. Achieving 5%, 10% and Gold status also give me points. 

So what do points make? Prizes! The ultimate goal is to reduce your premium each year. There are four different levels; Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. But the beauty for me and helping with my lost mojo is that if I earn 9 activity points a week then I get to go to a Cineworld or Vue cinema for FREE! So I just have to walk 7,000 steps three times in a week and I could go to the cinema at the weekend! A cinema ticket these days is nearly £10. Amazing! Just from doing a bit of exercise. Can't be bad, eh? My day in London last week earned me 10 activity points on it's own; I went to see Spectre on Sunday as my reward! 

Part of the WeightWatchers programme is to encourage you to move more than you did before. This is a double wammy; not only does my Fitbit earn me activity points to go to the cinema for free BUT it also earns me WeightWatchers points which I can also use if I need them if I've overindulged, or for those extra treats. It could also mean that at the cinema I could treat myself to some popcorn!!

So, it's back to a WeightWatchers meeting this week. I've seen and heard that there are some changes but they look exciting! What it does mean is I can get myself a new planner!! 

I'll let you know how it goes . . . I used to say that when I joined WeightWatchers in July 2011, for the fourth time, that it was the last. I would only be ever going as a Gold member. But here I am re-joining for the FIFTH time! I am slightly daunted by re-joining just based on the fact that I have been a leader and now know what it has felt like for returning leaders when they have joined my meetings. 

As I have said we all make mistakes, get complacent or even believe we can't do it. But we learn from our mistakes; life, I believe, is all about learning. Everyone can achieve what they want. Some of us learn the hard way, take knock backs but it's about getting up and doing. Getting on the platform, getting back on the train and remembering that life is a journey not a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment