Saturday 5 December 2015

Seriously . . . what went wrong!?

I wrote a post on 24 October and I thought that I'd got it figured out! I was determined and I had my sights clearly set on where I wanted to be.  

Seriously . . . what went wrong!?

Have you ever found yourself in this position? I bet many have and what do we do about it . . . give up, start again, any number of things? Is there a key? I'm not sure I truly know the answer to this but I do believe that there is generally something underlying that stops you achieving your weight goals. We use excuses and I know that this is probably a 'woman' thing or maybe just a 'me' thing but I do know that my head has to be in the game and if it isn't then really there is no point!

Today, Saturday 5 December, is the day I got to my goal weight with WeightWatchers four years ago. I have always been at my goal weight, or within five pounds of it, by this date. Not today and I'm actually quite sad about that. I'm not even close! I have been fairly in control for most of that four years. I have said before that 2015 has been a difficult year. The realization that I would, from September, be on my own at home? Being too busy to take care of me? Worrying about things and not acknowledging what they were? Life?

So. . . what did go wrong?? 

I've rewritten the answer to that question a couple of times and actually they are all excuses. My going wrong may not be the same as your going wrong but actually what needs to be focused on is 'what can I do to make it right?' Again, the answer to that may not be the same for you and me. I can only say what I know to be true and maybe that will help you come to what is the correct solution for you.

So . . . what does that mean for me??

It means going back to WeightWatchers . . . again! Tail between my legs! It's different this time as I will be filling the form in as a returning Gold member . . . laugh out loud! I HAVE TO GO TO MEETINGS. . . for me it is not just about the support, it's about being accountable to someone other than myself. Standing on someone else's scales.

As a WeightWatchers leader, I was able to stay in control of my weight because I was accountable to the members (and friends I made) in the meeting. On my own I'm accountable to no one other than me; I don't even have my sons at home to question if I'm 'allowed' to eat what I'm eating. I don't need to be a secret eater; I can do that in the comfort of my own home all by myself!!!

When I returned to WeightWatchers four and a half years ago I only ever wanted to be a UK size 12. I am that now, the problem is my wardrobe is full of size 10s and size 8s! I am also, today, ten pounds over my healthy BMI range; I am still classed as a 'normal' weight but I am anything but normal! I'm not happy with how I look naked, although there have been some gains that some might be very jealous of?! They know who they are and what it is they are jealous of!!! (I haven't yet worked out how to do a wink or a smiley face emoji on the blog!!) I have also acknowledged that 'maybe' I was too thin. A friend told me last week that when she has started working with me that I was too thin. I knew that, at my lightest weight, I was too thin but no one ever told me that. . . well, I don't think they did! Hearing that confirmed something that I already knew and I won't make the same mistake this time . . . maybe!!

I will be joining a meeting, before Christmas, I can't wait until after. 

I am over the 'hump' of my SAD and we are only two weeks away from the shortest day and it will therefore start to get lighter. It is also only two weeks until I break up for Christmas and both my boys will be returning home for the Christmas break over the next two weeks.

I have, for a long time, known what to do and how to do it. I just have to now put it into practice. That is easier said that done!

The very first thing that I have to do is decide which meeting to attend; do I go to one of those that I was the leader at or do I go to another. I thought that I had decided that but I keep changing my mind!





No comments:

Post a Comment