Saturday 19 December 2015

Was it a 'smart' idea?!

Was it a 'smart' idea to rejoin weightwatchers during the last two weeks of term? Those that don't work in a school may wonder why that's even a question. Those that do, know me or even work with me will know exactly what I mean!

My busiest times of year are the end of the academic year and the end of the Autumn term. I won't even go into why but let's just say that the planning and preparation that goes into an end of term assembly are no mean feat. Queue a Monday morning when you are stretched,  it's the hour before lunch and you have to deal with MANY stroppy teenagers. . . and that is putting it mildly. 

One colleague told another that based on how that hour had gone the person that she knew me to be would most likely have ended up in Burger King having a bacon double cheeseburger, fries and a portion of onion rings! Take the fact that it was also the last week of term, our office and the main office were full of snacks, biscuits and chocolates. Everyone was gearing themselves up for the Christmas holidays; they all decided to have pizza for lunch on Thursday. . . I will say again. . . was it a 'smart' idea to rejoin weightwatchers during the last two weeks of term?

The answer to that is most definitely YES! I have lost 2 lbs this week; exactly what I would have hoped for.

I am loving weightwatchers new system; SmartPoints. I have really had to think smartly about what I am eating. Just as an example, the pizza that I have eaten nearly every Saturday night for the last four years has gone from being an acceptable Saturday night treat at 15 ProPoints to a whopping 36 SmartPoints! I won't be having that anymore then! If you have a sweet tooth, a lovely Crunchie was 5 ProPoints but is now 10 SmartPoints! When you are only allowed 30 SmartPoints a day and 35 a week you really do have to think smartly!

I have managed to get through the last ten days, I have not cheated or veered off plan. I have probably not eaten enough but my brain is now switched back into gear. I have two weeks off work to reevaluate what I am going to eat and drink!

I follow O, The Oprah Magazine on Facebook and on Wednesday they posted a link to an article by Oprah. Some of you may know that she has become an ambassador for weightwatchers in the summer. You can read the article through the link below; it's a good read! Oprah has lost 26 lbs since August. Well done Oprah!

http://www.oprah.com/inspiration/What-Oprah-Knows-For-Sure-January-2016?FB=fb_omag_oprah_committing_to_goals

The Christmas holidays are here. Time for rest and relaxation! That will not happen until Wednesday but then it will for sure.

New weightwatchers tools; that means a new journal for those in the know! Planning now top of the list, not bottom. No meeting for 3 weeks due to Christmas and New Year but I'm hoping to get to another sometime in the middle to keep me on track as I got lots of chocolatey things from everyone at work for Christmas!

Remember I'm very good at week 1; I've been doing week 1's repeatedly for the last 3 months! Keep going #tessasmoments

No comments:

Post a Comment