Saturday 3 October 2015

I keep losing weight. . .

They sold this in Next last Christmas and I loved it so much that it was on my Christmas wish list.

I once had a member in a WeightWatchers meeting say that once you had a weight problem then you always have a weight problem; some of us learn how to manage it but it is something that will always have to be managed. If you take your eye off the ball then it smacks you in the face and very quickly you can end up right where you started. . . anyone else know that feeling?!

I have previously mentioned in this blog that I have all the tools and having spent three years as a WeightWatchers leader I definitely know what to do . . . but that doesn't mean that I always do it!!! #normal 

Whilst on countdown to my boys leaving and going to university I can honestly say that I took my eye off the ball; I was comfort eating and they both knew that the way to my heart were haribos and crunchies! I will admit to eating quite a few of these over the last five weeks!

Knowing that I was starting Insanity meant that I also had to take my eating back under control; so I did what I would always adhere to. I have tracked everything that I have eaten. I have used the WeightWatchers and MyFitnessPal apps. I have set myself a realisitic target of 1 lb a week which means that by Christmas I would have hopefully lost 12 to 14 lbs.

I know that many people reading this will be struggling or have reached a plateau. Always remind yourself WHY you want to lose weight, or why you DID lose weight. Take each day at a time and set yourself some small, achievable targets.

Some people lose weight really easily and for some of us it takes time. Even not losing weight means that you haven't put any on!

This week has gone well; I have resisted the biscuit tin at work and cake Friday! I've stood on the scales today and was happy with the outcome. I am unlikely to blog about my weight loss each week but rather do it once a month; I believe that that is a more realistic and honest way to look at weight loss especially as a perimenopausal woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment