Friday 2 October 2015

New potato stir-fry

This is such a simple easy dish!

I have it with chicken but to be honest you could have it with anything; fish, steak, pork chops, a vegetarian option, you name it.

The portion that I made here was just for one and it can be easily made for more by just adding extra per person.



Ingredients

  • 100 g new potatoes
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, sliced
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 1 yellow pepper, sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed
Method

Firstly, I steam the new potatoes. I steam all my vegetables and have done for over twenty odd years now. If you are not steaming them then just boil them. I generally set them cooking before I start the preparation of the rest of the vegetables.

Remove the skin of the red onion and I generally cut it into eighths depending on the size of the red onion used. Then de-seed and slice all the peppers. Add a glug of oil into a plan to heat up and then add the onion and the peppers; stir-fry for a while and then add the crushed garlic. I usually cook this until everything has sweated down and all the peppers and onions have started the caramelize; it is totally up to taste though.

With about ten minutes of cooking time left I heat another pan and then, having cut the potatoes into quarters, i then saute them off. For the last minute of cooking i add the potatoes to the onions and peppers. When I first started making this I used to stir-fry the potatoes with the onions and peppers but they did not hold their form very well, hence the reason that I dirty another pan!

For the meal that I have photographed I used a chicken breast and just sprinkled it with a seasoning; you could use anything. I then cooked it in my George Foreman but it could be grilled or cooked in the oven.

This is a really bright, colourful, healthy, easy meal to make . . . oh and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment